Monday, December 10, 2007

Hello! I am still here! =)

I've been MIA for a long time, but it's a good thing, really it is. School has been a "little" stressing, to cope with school, family, house, etc, is not easy, but looking back now I am surprised I did it. I didn't miss one day of school, assignments were 99% of the time handed in on time (I had problems with essay writings... oh well....), overall I am very happy with my performance. I did my best, and I feel good about it! I am looking forward to next semester, and to learning more exciting and interesting things!
I made a good decision: I am taking my English and my elective over the summer break next year, instead of next semester. In fact, I will take 2 electives if they let me - that way I can concentrate on my program. That will help me to ease the stress next semester, for sure!

If I were to pick a quote to represent what I went through this past 4 months, this would be it:

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!

I keep going back to that quote over and over again. The old "learning from our mistakes" hasn't been so true to me as it is now!

I feel especially good for setting a good example to my kids: going back to school at 44 has to be a positive thing! My dd, who is 11, thinks is so "cool" that mom is attending school, and mom is never late, and mom studies for her exams and get assignments done! My oldest son, who is 25, thinks that I am having a middle life crisis! LOL "However", he adds, "it's a good middle life crisis, at least you didn't buy a convertible!" LOL

I won't deny it: I've had a lot of doubts to deal with, and I still do. The worst ones were at the very beginning of the course, and one about a week or so ago. I tried to remember some things that I heard from two people at school: first, whenever you feel discourage and feeling like you can't do it anymore, do it for one more day only. Second, don't be too hard on yourself.

I cannot pick one class that I like the best: I like them all, they are so very interesting! I love being in school, I love learning new things! I even love grammar! Well, maybe that one doesn't count, I've always loved grammar! =)

One of the most important things that I've been learning is how to accept constructive criticism. We do critiques a lot, and sometimes it's not easy to take. It's not an easy job for the teachers as well, they need to be as much honest as possible without discouraging the students and make them feel bad.

Anyway... I am looking forward to my 3 weeks off, but at the same time I am not. I am going to miss school. On the other hand, it's Christmas and I am going to be very busy, so far I haven't done any decorations and also need to get us a tree.

Keep the lights on, it's the only way to see some colour in our world!
Happy Holidays and a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment