Saturday, January 10, 2009

Slave labour in Brazil

Read it off CNN's site (please copy and paste in your browser, for some reason linking didn't work):

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/01/09/brazil.slavery/index.html

I am so skeptical.
"But what may set Brazil apart are the government's attempts to wipe out the practice. One of Brazil's chief tools is a "Special Mobile Inspection Group" that consists of labor inspectors, federal police and attorneys from the federal labor prosecution branch. The group often raids workplaces, looking for abuses and laborers held against their will."

I am sure some people are making good $$$ out of this!

..:: $makes.the.world.go.around ::..

3 comments:

  1. it said the website could not be found??

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry Mrs. S, I edited the post! Thanks for letting me know! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I am glad to hear that such action is being taken. Your 365 project looks interesting. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete